Shake It Off
Saturday,21 Apr 2018 05:31 PM IST
By Prerna Mistry
Milkshakes are universally loved by everyone all across the world. They are not just tasty but also can be customised to create a beautiful dessert drink that is yummy and filling. The best part about milkshakes is that a thick, creamy shake can be so filling that you can actually substitute a meal by opting for a glassful of this delicious drink. And with the weather in summer being so hot and draining you of energy, this makes the perfect solution for when you don’t feel like eating on a sweltering summer day and want to keep yourself cool. Here are a few mouth-watering milkshakes that make for the perfect recipes in order to indulge your taste buds.
- Milk (chilled) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 ½ tbsp (or as per taste)
- Mango (ripe, large) - 2
- Vanilla ice cream - 2 scoops
- Ice cubes (small) - 3-4 (optional)
- Cut the mangoes and then add them in a blender with milk, sugar, and 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream and the ice cubes.
- Blend this till the mango pieces integrate well and you have a smooth, creamy milkshake.
- Remove this in a glass and top it off with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can add small pieces of mangoes and mango syrup on the ice cream. Enjoy it when it is chilled.
- Vanilla ice cream- 4 large scoops
- Instant coffee powder- 2 ½ tsp
- Mascarpone cheese- 2 tbsp
- Butter cookies- 2
- Chocolate sauce- 8 tbsp
- Whipped cream
- Combine the ice cream, coffee, mascarpone cheese and butter cookies in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into a glass and top it with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Cold milk- ½ cup
- Chocolate ice cream- 1-2 scoops
- Icing sugar- as needed
- Vanilla essence- ¼ tsp
- Nutella- 2 ½ tbsp
- Ice cubes as needed
- In a blender, pour the milk, add in the chocolate ice cream and Nutella and blend it once.
- Next, add in your ice cubes, vanilla essence and icing sugar and blend it once again, till frothy.
- Serve it cold with some chocolate ice cream or whipped cream and dust it with some cocoa powder and enjoy!
- Corn flakes- 2 ½ cups
- Hot milk- 1 ½ cups
- Vanilla ice cream- 2 scoops
- Steep 1 ½ cups corn flakes in 1 ½ cups of hot milk for 30 minutes.
- Strain and freeze the milk in an ice cube tray.
- Blend the frozen milk cubes with vanilla ice cream and 1 cup of corn flakes.
- Serve cold and immediately and garnish it more corn flakes.
- Mint extract- 1 tsp
- Oreos- 1 cup
- Vanilla ice cream- 5 scoops
- Milk- 8-10 tbsp
- whipped cream
- Crush the Oreos and keep aside.
- Take vanilla ice cream, milk and add to it some mint extract.
- Blend all the ingredients together until frothy and top it with some whipped cream and crushed Oreos and serve chilled.